Record Store Day will be Saturday, April 21 & the releases coming out that day are a treasure trove.
Record Store Day is the annual day of celebration for independent record stores by delivering with special pressings or releases from bands that you won’t find anywhere else but your local independent record stores and are usually in very limited editions, which makes them collector’s items.
Pulse Of Radio via a press release reports that Sony/Legacy have several releases:
- Bruce Springsteen – Greatest Hits (1995) (2LP – Individually Number – Red Vinyl)
- Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead – Dylan & The Dead (LP – Red and Blue Tie-Die Vinyl)
- Jimi Hendrix – “Mannish Boy” b/w “Trash Man” (7″ Single)
- The Allman Brothers Band – Live At The Atlanta Pop Festival, July 3 & 5, 1970 (4LP 12″ vinyl – Individually Numbered – First Time on Vinyl)
- Elvis Presley – The King In The Ring (2LP – Individually Numbered – Red Vinyl – First Time on Vinyl)
- Pink Floyd – The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (Mono) (LP)
- Kenny Loggins – Return To Pooh Corner (LP – Purple Swirl Vinyl – First Time on Vinyl)
- Living Colour – Live At CBGB’s, 12.19.89 (LP – First Time on Vinyl)
- Johnny Cash – At Folsom Prison: Legacy Edition (5LP 12″ vinyl – Individually Numbered – First Time on Vinyl)
Blabbermouth.net is reporting that RCA will be releasing AC/DC‘s ‘Back In Black’ on cassette with a limited run of only 2,500 copies.
theprp.com has looked through the long list to point out these releases as well:
- Def Leppard – “Live At Abbey Road” (Island) (12″) (limited to 4000)
- Led Zeppelin – “Friends“/”Rock And Roll” (Atlantic) (7″)
- Motörhead – “Heroes” (Silver Lining Music) (picture disc) (limited to 500)
- Soundgarden – “A-Sides” (IGA) (2xLP) (limited to 5000)
- Whitesnake – “1987 (30th Anniversary Edition)” (Parolophone/Rhino) (picture disc) (limited to 2300)