Help make these trips special for our local veterans on the Central Missouri Honor Flight!
The Central Missouri Honor Flight (CMHF) sends local veterans to see their war memorials in Washington D.C. These trips have helped our local heroes find peace and closure and can serve as the thank you that many of them never received.
One of the most memorable parts of these trips for the veterans is the Motorcycle Escort. A procession of motorcycles will ride past the buses in between Kingdom City and Columbia.
Details for the Motorcycle Escort:
- Time: Staging starts at 7p. Escort start time will vary on the timing of the buses. Usual wrap-up in 10p, but could go longer.
- Location: Firefighters Memorial in Kingdom City. (North side of I-70 across the street from Magic Car & Pet Wash).
- Refreshments provided by ServiceMaster Columbia
- Come with a full tank of gas.
- Show up by 8:15p to make sure you hear the pre-ride safety meeting.
- Escort is open to motorcycles only. No cars allowed.
- Participants are encouraged to follow the Central Missouri Honor Flight Riders on facebook for any changes/ updates.
- NOTE: This is not a rally/ party. This is for the veterans. No drinking will be permitted.
If you do not own a motorcycle and still wish to make the trip special for our veterans, you can join in at the Welcome Home event! As the buses pull into their final stop, each veteran will exit the bus to their name being called and a crowd of people cheering for them!
Details for the Welcome Home Event:
- Location: Courtyard by Marriott Hotel (3301 Lemone Industrial Blvd, Columbia, MO 65201)
- Time: Arrive by 9p right in front of the hotel. Buses arrival will vary.
- Signs welcoming the veterans home are encouraged.
Some more about the Central Missouri Honor Flight:
Central Missouri Honor Flight is a non-profit 501c (3) organization created solely to honor America’s veterans for all their sacrifices. The group transports our heroes from Central Missouri to Washington, D.C. to visit and reflect at their memorials (at no cost to them). CMHF is a volunteer organization wholly funded by donations from individuals, organizations and businesses who wish to see our aging veterans honored before it is too late.
Donate to the Central Missouri Honor Flight here.
For more details visit: Central Missouri Honor Flight
We strive to keep this information current but some details may have changed. For the most up to date information visit the Central Missouri Honor Flight Riders.