Thank you, Mid-Missouri for your support of The Food Bank of Central & Northeast Missouri to keep the shelves stocked to feed our neighbors in need.
The pandemic has affected everyone in Mid-Missouri. Some more than others. You can help those impacted most with a donation to The Food Bank of Central and Northeast Missouri!
And thanks to your donations, the Food Bank will be able to serve more of our neighbors in need during this crisis.
You can still donate!
Every dollar donated will stay local to support our neighbors, co-workers, and friends. Thanks to the partnerships the Food Bank has, every $1 donated can be turned into $21 worth of groceries!
Your generosity will help bring hope to Mid-Missourians who need it most.
Few facts about The Food Bank of Central and Northeast Missouri:
- Serves more than 100,000 people a month through 140 Food Bank partner agencies (such as food pantries, soup kitchens or shelters)
- Covers a 32 county service area; geographically, it covers one-third (18,000 square miles) of the state, including Columbia, Jefferson City, Kirksville and part of the Lake of the Ozarks region
- Distributed over 30.1 million pounds of food in 2018, equaling a $50 million wholesale value
- Partners with 150 schools to serve an average of 7,500 students each week through the Buddy Pack program and in-school food pantries
- Distributes more than 2,800 senior boxes monthly to seniors living on a limited
- Provides food and supplies to more than 350 veterans each month in seven counties through the VIP Veteran Pack Program
- Owns and operates the Central Pantry, the largest food pantry in Boone County serving around 10,000 people monthly
Why Donate During This Food Drive:
- Every dollar you donate will stay local and help local families in need, including the elderly and children
- The Food Bank can turn a $1 donation into $25 worth of groceries so they have better purchasing power than us on our own
- They use 97% of donations on food acquisition and distribution. Only 3% goes toward administration and fundraising so your donations will be well spent
From all of us at 96.7 KCMQ, THANK YOU!