What was your go-to meal when you didn’t have enough money to go out or to the grocery store?
Ramen, canned tuna, & Mac & Cheese were all popular ingredients for ‘Broke Meals’. Where things really got interesting is when listeners got creative with their ingredient combinations. Here are some of our favorites:
- Rice, Sardines, & Hot Sauce
- Miracle Whip Sandwich (cheese optional)
- Ramen Noodles with a cut-up Slim Jim and American Cheese on top
- Tuna and Cheese Whiz
- Bread, Butter, and Sugar or Mayo on a Tortilla
- A Sandwich with the last bit of Salsa and crumbs from the bottom of the chips bag
- Tuna mixed with cream cheese on top of the bread in the toaster oven
- A can of corn mixed with a can of pork n beans
- Buy a head of lettuce and bottle of Italian dressing, last you a week
Let us know your ‘Broke Meal’ on our Facebook Page!