In case you missed anything, or want more info on what Shags and Trevor talked about on the show, here is the Morning Shag Show Recap – 11/20/23.
KCMQ’s Holiday Prize Eliminator
- Congrats to Mike! He eliminated the Home Brewing Kit and is now qualified to win The Last Prize Standing!
- Not sure how he’ll be able to ‘impress’ his friends with terrible beer now, but whatever.
- Get the details and see the full prize list now
- We’ll play again Monday morning at 7:35 a.m.
Can Your Stomach Explode from Eating Too Much At Thanksgiving?!
- Technically yes… but it’s highly unlikely.
- Your body would give you several signals (heartburn, bloating, indigestion, etc.) that would more than likely have you stop eating.
- In most cases, your body would just throw up the food to protect the stomach
- But seeing as how it is possible, keep yourself in check this Thanksgiving.
KCMQ’s Show Us Your Rack Is Back!
- A Big Buck could score you ‘Big Bucks’ to Graf’s Reloading Supercenter!
- Deer Rifle season is on and we want to see your Rack… deer antlers, that is.
- Get all the details and enter your buck from rifle or archery season now!
No Birthday Buck for Trevor
- Shags took Trevor hunting in his spot down in St. James for his birthday weekend.
- Trevor saw 2 does on Saturday morning, but passed on them in hopes a buck was chasing them… one was not.
- Shags also came up empty this weekend. After missing a shot on a monster buck last weekend, Shags was looking for redemption. He did not find that buck, or that redemption.
- Shags did have a person who was target practicing near him which both agreed that target practicing (outside of a range) during deer season was not cool.
A Kelce Christmas Song!
- Travis and Jason Kelce faceoff in Monday Night Football tonight as the Chiefs host the Eagles
- You can hear the game on your Home for the Kansas City Chiefs 96.7 KCMQ
- But before the brothers battle it out on the gridiron, they came together to do a Christmas song
- “The Fairytale of Philadelphia” features both Travis and Jason Kelce is a play on ‘The Fairytale of New York’ but replaces the lyrics with the character of Philly.
- The song is charting high on the Christmas charts and you may hear it periodically on Christmas radio stations this year.
- Listen Now
What Shags and His Fiancé Did Not Deer Hunt Together
- Shags posted pictures his fiancé sent while deer hunting on facebook
- This caused many to ask (quite judgingly) “Why weren’t you two hunting together?!”
- The truth is that Shags invited her to join him and Trevor, but she chose to go hunting with her sister.
- Shags thought that was a great idea as two sisters hunting together and making memories is a special thing.
- That and her taking pictures instead of hunting MAY have made his hunt more difficult
- It’s ok though, she was sending him all the pictures while he was hunting to keep him up to date!
What Is Your Turkey Day Tradition?
- Growing up, Trevor’s family celebrated multiple birthdays on Thanksgiving. His birthday, his aunts, his cousins, and his grandmother’s birthday all fall around this time of year.
- This got Shags wondering, What are your Thanksgiving Day Traditions? Here are some of our favorite responses:
- Football in the backyard
- Listen to ‘Alice’s Restaurant’ by Arlo Guthrie
- Watching my uncle and dad fight over stupid stuff
- Plan the meal around the Macy’s Parade
- Watch a marathon of the Bob’s Burgers Thanksgiving episodes
- Watch the Turkey Drop episode from WKRP in Cincinnati
Get more stories from Shags and Trevor emailed directly to you by signing up to be a KCMQ Workforce Member.