In case you missed anything, or want more info on what Shags and Trevor talked about on the show, here is the Morning Shag Show Recap – 11/07/23.
KCMQ’s Holiday Prize Eliminator
- Congrats to Dave! He eliminated the basketball hoop and is now qualified to win The Last Prize Standing!
- Get the details and see the full prize list now
- We’ll play again tomorrow at 7:35 a.m.
Could Smelling Farts Improve Your Life?!
- Research with animals has suggested that the smell of farts could benefit blood pressure, threat of heart attack and stroke, and more.
- It is important to share that MORE RESEARCH IS NEEDED so please do not be letting it rip around others in the name of good health
Coming Soon: Pickle Ketchup
- Heinz is combining the flavor of pickles with their ketchup to create a new condiment: Pickle Ketchup
- This got Shags and Trevor thinking, if you combined all the toppings of a burger into one sauce would that be a welcome convenience or an abomination of flavors not suitable for consumption?
- Our vote is an abomination
Disney To It’s Guests: Please Stop Pooping In Line!
- There has been a rumor on the internet for a while now that people who are waiting in line at Disneyland & Disney World will ‘relive’ themselves while in line to avoid losing their spot.
- And it would appear that rumor has been confirmed by multiple Disney employees, even going as far as to share the company code word for the incident “Code H”
- Trevor, though not condoning the actions in any way, shared that he understands the thought process
- After paying a fortune to get into the park, you want to make the most of your time. And since most of your time is spent waiting in line, you don’t want to intentionally add to that time by exiting the line and starting over again.
- Shags solution: Disney should create a job where workers hold your spot in line allowing you to go to the bathroom
- Trevor’s solution: Stop acting like animals!
When You Hear A Fight, Do You Walk Towards It, Or Away From It?
- On yesterday’s show, Shags shared the story of how he broke up a fight.
- This brought up the question, if you hear a fight going on do you walk towards it or away from it.
- Shags is always a ‘yes’ as he wants to see a show
- Trevor is more cautious leaning toward walking away to avoid getting into the mix
- Most listeners were in the “it depends” camp
- Is someone needing help?
- Are their weapons?
- Do I know the people in the fight?
- Do I have people with me?
- In the end, it was agreed that you’d be safer walking away, but it may be more interesting to walk towards it.
Workers Say They Only Do 4 Days of Work and Shags is Furious!
- A recent poll found that 3/4 of workers say they could complete their work for the week in 4 days instead of 5.
- This was meant to demonstrate to employers that they should transition to the 4 day work week, but Shags is furious
- Shags explained that you should NEVER tell you boss that you have extra time because you’ll just get more work.
- If a project takes you 3 days to complete, you should tell your boss it will take 10 days and then get it finished in 7 days so you look like a competent worker
- Shags fears that now that this survey is out, he’ll get more work
- Trevor is interested in talking to him after the show about how he spends his day to maximize his time management
Get more stories from Shags and Trevor emailed directly to you by signing up to be a KCMQ Workforce Member.